https://newtowndiscoverypreschool.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/05/daytripping.jpg 180 298 marketingadmin https://newtowndiscoverypreschool.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/01/full-color-01-300x272.png marketingadmin2022-05-06 16:28:252022-05-06 16:28:25Daytripping
With summer just around the corner, now is the perfect time to plan for a day or a weekend away with your little one(s)! Whether it is a fun ride with family to lull an infant to sleep in the car seat or an adventure with preschoolers, there are many local attractions nearby!
- Take a ride through the covered bridges of Pennsylvania to absorb some history for the adults and soothe infants into a peaceful slumber. Visit the Bucks County Covered Bridge Society to plan your route: buckscountycbs.org
- Enjoy the display of flowers, trees, fountains and architecture at Longwood Gardens. Late summer is ideal to take advantage of the sites in full bloom. www.longwoodgardens.org
- Collect seashells, soak up the sun, enjoy the amusement rides and games, and check out the aquarium at Jenkinson’s pier in Point Pleasant, New Jersey. www.jenkisons.com
- For a quick ride, check out Kids Castle, an amazing playground located in Doylestown, PA. www.savekidscastle.org
- Is your little one obsessed with cars, and trucks, and things that go? Check out Diggerland, the only construction theme & water park amusement complex in West Berlin, NJ-just 20 miles from Philadelphia! www.store.diggerlandusa.com
- Love to explore nature? Check out Churchville Nature Center, an environmental area of 65 acres in a nature preserve. www.churchvillenaturecenter.org
- Keeping in the same vein, check out Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed in New Jersey, a 265 square mile area crossing 5 counties. www.thewatershed.org
- Adult libations paired with a petting zoo are available at ShadyBrook Farm during their Friday night, “Music on the Patio” series. www.shadybrookfarm.com
- Looking for a “pick your own” farm experience, check out Terhune Orchards, a 250 acre sustainable farm in Princeton, NJ. www.terhuneorchards.com
- For the animal lovers, check out the llama farm & events at Woodsedge Farm in Stockton, NJ. www.woodsedge.com
- Animals, farming, and history prevail at Howell Farm in Lambertville, NJ. Check out their events at www.howellfarm.org/calendar Sheep shearing, corn planting, and hog slopping are some of the upcoming events.
- For the art lovers, check out the Crayola Factory in Easton, PA. This is one of 5 locations throughout the US. www.crayolaexperience.com
- To accommodate the youngest to the eldest in your group, try American Dream, an amazing mall in East Rutherford, NJ. This state-of-the art complex offers mini golf, an aquarium, indoor surfing, Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park, indoor ski resort, Legoland, water park, ice skating rink, and more! www.americandream.com
- For the blossoming engineer, check out Legoland Discovery Center in Philadelphia. www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/philadelphia
- Animal lovers can enjoy a trip to the Philadelphia Zoo. www.philadelphiazoo.org
- For the tactile-kinesthetic explorer, try the Please Touch Museum, a museum designed specifically for children to allow them to play with purpose and use their imagination. www.pleasetouchmuseum.org
- An amusement park specifically designed for small children is Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA. www.dutchwonderland.com
- For those learning about nursery rhymes and classic children’s characters, a great day out may be had at Storybook Land in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. www.storybookland.com
- Looking to get some energy released indoors, try Playpad, Bucks County’s 5,000 square foot indoor play space for children up to age 9. www.playpadbucks.com
- Sesame Place is always a great day out that is close to home in neighboring Langhorne, PA. www.sesameplace.com
This is just a small glimpse of the many things that our area has to offer. Whether you have one of these destinations in mind, an alternate destination, or just taking a ride in the country, spending time engaging with your child/dren is a great way to support social-emotional learning and create bonds to last a lifetime.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!