DIY Graham Cracker Haunted House
Are you ready for Halloween? If not, this haunted house craft is sure to put you and your family in the spirit!
Graham and gingerbread houses have been commonly used as decorations during the holiday season – and Halloween is no different. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, everyone in the family can easily get involved in the fun!
- Graham crackers (at least 5 needed per house)
- Icing – family choice for color and flavor!
- Paper plate or cardboard
- Bread knife
- Disposable piping bag (optional)
- Assorted decorative candies, pretzels, etc.
To Construct the House:
- Use the bread knife to shape 4 of the graham crackers into Shape A. Cut two of the cracker’s corners off to create Shape B. In total, you should have two crackers for Shape A and two for Shape B. Next, cut another graham cracker in half to form two Shape C pieces (Option– put icing in disposable piping bag).
- To assemble the house, start with one line of icing along the bottom of Shape C and sticking it to the paper plate or cardboard base. Add three additional lines along the bottom of the two Shape B crackers as well as inside both edges. Then, attach Shape C and B together and onto the base (* Repeat this step for the additional two walls)
- Allow a few minutes for the icing to set.
- Last step – create the roof of the house by running icing up and down the length of the Shape B walls and joining the two Shape A pieces on top (add additional icing where necessary). Once finished, allow 30 – 60 minutes to set before decorating your haunted house!
- Use the remaining icing and assorted treats to create a house fit for a ghost!
Click here to find the full recipe & instructions for this Halloween-themed craft!