Edible Rainbow Art Activity
Channel your preschoolers inner “foodie” by making rainbow toast with edible paint!
To create an edible masterpiece for a fun and healthy breakfast, snack or sandwich – all you will need is milk, bread, food coloring & a little creativity!
- 1.5 oz. of Vitamin-D Milk, divided into 6 cups
- Food coloring (red, blue, yellow & any other colors you may want!)
- 8 slices of wheat or white bread
- Pour 1/4 cup milk into each of 6 cups.
- Add 3 drops red coloring to one cup, 3 drops blue coloring into a second cup, 3 drops yellow coloring into a third cup, 3 drops red and 3 drops blue into a fourth cup to make purple, 3 drops red and 3 drops yellow to make orange, and 3 drops blue and 3 drops yellow to make green.
- Pro Tip: when using the dye, utilize this time to practice numbers & counting!
- Stir each cup until vibrant color appears.
- Using a Q-tip or clean paint brush, “paint” one side of a slice of untoasted bread.
- Repeat with remaining bread.
- Once one side of bread has been painted, cook in a toaster on medium heat or in the oven at 350 degrees F for 6-8 minutes.
For more fun & creative preschool activities, sign up for our monthly newsletter!