Mother’s Day Recipes – for Kids!
Simple, easy, nutritious & delicious! Our Registered Dietitian, Lisa James, has whipped up some Mother’s Day recipes for your little ones to try in the kitchen. Spread the love & show that special lady in your life that she’s appreciated with these RD-approved treats!
1 can of chick peas
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
3 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of water
1/tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp of salt
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients except water.
2. Puree until the mixture is smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
3. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time to create the desired consistency.
4. Refrigerate desired amount of time. Prepare the dippers (pretzels, pita, strawberries) & give it a try!
Peanut Butter Cups
Crunchy Peanut Butter
1. Melt 1 and 3/4 cup of coconut oil
2. Mix 1 cup of cacao powder, 6-7 TBSP of agave nectar or other liquid sweetener
3. Pour mixture into mini greased muffin pan
4. Drop small scoops of peanut butter 5) Sprinkle with salt and freeze
½ stick of unsalted butter
1 package (10 oz.) of marshmallows
5 cups of Fiber One Cereal
½ cup of chia seeds
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Measure and pour chia seeds and cereal into bowl; add to marshmallow butter mixture until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into large baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve.
For more kid-friendly recipes from our staff Register Dietitian, Lisa James, please visit lisasjamesnutrition.com.